Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
US qualified Civil Construction Project Manager/Estimator with over 10 years’ experience in the construction of major motorways, urban roading, bridges, and underground work. Skilled in preparing detailed execution plans, implementing project management systems, developing reporting formats, managing companywide projects, and monitoring project execution. Tech savvy with proven leadership, communication and collaboration skills. Ability to adapt to different environments, climates and conditions and enjoy working as part of a team. Experienced in mentoring and supporting new hires and interns.
Copperwing 16” Water Main Extension - $4.4 Million
• 4.8 km long 16” (41 cm) water main extension
• Water main alignment is in the shoulder of an existing roadway
• Work zone was within two meters of high voltage overhead power lines.
• The project crosses three different municipalities right of way, with different construction requirements
• The water main affects three highly travelled intersections
• Horizontal bore under existing railroad tracks and installing a 36” steel casing
• The water line easement will pass by farm lands, businesses and residential homes Horne Road Improvements
Reconstruction of Horne Road through an existing neighbour, - $6.8 Million
• 420 meters of 48” (122 cm)reinforced concrete pipe for storm drain, on average of 5 meters deep.
• 700 meters of 8” (20 cm) ductile iron pipe for water line, 54ea residential tie-ins and 15ea tie-ins to city mains
• 700 meters of 2” (5 cm) gas line and overhead electrical to underground conversion
Roadway milling and repaving Sam Houston Tollway - $95Million
• 19.4 km tollway widening from two lanes to four lanes
• Widening of 16 total bridges, two over railroad tracks, two over active flood control channel, twelve over active roads 20 mechanically stabilized earthen (MSE) walls
• 100,000 + square meters of reinforced concrete pavement
• Storm drain installation and retention pond excavation
Tollway closures and major traffic shifts SR 59Freeway - $150 Million
• 5 km Freeway reconstruction & widening
• Demolition and reconstruction of four bridges in three phases each
• 12 mechanically stabilized earthen (MSE) walls
• 200,000+ square meters of reinforced concrete pavement
• Storm drain installation and retention pond excavation
• Freeway closures and major traffic shifts
• Installed steel tub girders over freeway for bridge construction
Concrete & Underground Utility Construction
• Estimator, pre-construction manager and project manager of a4.8 km long 16” (41 cm) water main along an existing road.
• Created and instituted processes during estimating phase that increased the capture rate for estimates by 14%
• Oversee the flow of 5 crews for the underground division and lead the underground team in establishing and managing the pre-construction phase for the division
• Communicate with clients to understand project needs and provide technical feedback
• Review potential projects to bid and select which projects to pursue based on client relationship, location, market conditions, current backlog and crew availability
• Review bidding documents, perform quantity take-offs, request and obtain subcontractor and supply quotes
• Prepare bid proposals by quantifying risks related to building costs
• Conduct post bid client follow up to obtain feedback for improving bidding process and market understanding
• Follow up and negotiate with clients to facilitate the award of the project and create handover plan for project team, including budgets, project goals, and project schedule
• Track and monitor the bidding efforts and analyse data to improve bidding process and increase capture rate
• Established client relationships through honest and open communication, during pre-construction phase
Heavy Civil Contractor
• Project management of heavy civil projects, including scheduling, budgeting, forecasting, traffic control, and client and public relations.
• Managed and analyzed financial budgets of various projects running concurrently
• Reviewed and approved crew timecards and approved all invoices and subcontractor payments
• Tracked completed quantities and prepared monthly project invoice to submit to client
• Coordinated material deliveries and subcontractor work on project
• Generated, submitted, and tracked RFI’s and submittals and created and updated CPM schedules
• Prepared and conducted weekly project meeting with client’s representative
• Planned, prepared, and oversaw traffic control plans and implementation for each project
• Performed safety audits of job site and maintained environment protection procedures (BMPs and SWPPP)
• Managed client relations throughout each project, coordinating with project owners, subcontractors, material suppliers, inspectors, crew members and home/business owners in affected areas
• Supported and led teams of various sizes throughout multiple projects and locations
• Mentored interns and newly hired field engineers
Heavy Highway Construction
• Assisted in overseeing the construction of 19.31 km widening of an existing tollway and managed five crews (40 + employees) to widen sixteen bridges
• Supervised the re-construction of 9.7 km Freeway ($150Million)
Prior to 2014 I was employed as a Estimator and Field Engineer estimating multiple wet utility projects in a wide variety of municipalities and owners.
• Bachelor of Science (Level 7) in Construction Management
• Six Sigma Lean Black Belt Professional (LBBP) Trained - Management and Strategy Institute
• Creating Excel spreadsheets to track costs and budgets
• Proficient in Bluebeam: Performing take-offs on multiple projects