Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Creative & reliable Activities Assistant with a friendly and professional manner and 10 years’ experience in aged care and creative arts. Supportive team player with ability to build & influence relationships both internally & externally, and communicate effectively with people from all walks of life. Kind and patient with strong empathy and patience with elderly residents. Well organised and methodical with good time and project management skills, strong attention to detail, and a good level of fitness.
• Managing events and projects, and planning and facilitating activities for residents
• Providing quality resident support, managing vulnerable residents and communicating with families
• Technology savvy and competent user of MS Office programmes as well as graphic Design specific software GIMP, Clip Studio Paint, Adobe Creative Suite
• Mentored two newly hired employees on efficient methods of cleaning and sanitation to ensure residents' safety, resulting in a 50% decrease in Covid-19 infection incidence
• Pet therapy services were over budget and alternative options were being explored; I offered monthly free pet therapy activities as an affordable, effective solution, resulting in the home saving £300 per activity, and residents reported improved mood and well-being
• Project Management: led a project to create three unique banner designs for a school within a week. Designed layouts, incorporating customer feedback, gathered and defined requirements, managed project milestones, sourced a printer, and negotiated the best prices to deliver the finished products on time
Mar 2017 – April 2023
• Provided respectful mobility assistance to individuals needing extra support and ensured residents were treated with respect, dignity and cultural sensitivity.
• Factored-in abilities, needs and interests of participants in development of events and programs
• Kept track of allergies and dietary restrictions, verifying correct meals and snacks were given to residents
• Established and led socials, dinner parties and pet therapy activities for both small and large groups
• Increased exceptional quality of life for all residents by innovating, organizing and conducting entertaining and stimulating activities
March 2017 - present
Overview of responsibilities: keep the nursing home clean, tidy, and compliant with health and safety standards, while also attending training, keeping records, and helping residents with daily tasks.
Jan 2011 – June 2017
• Delivered ,designed a set of time sensitive activities, ensuring all prop and set pieces were in place (including real time close supervision of prop movements) during live performances
• Governance and controls coordinator for all stage safety measures and potential stage equipment hazards. Achieved 100% conformance levels with zero safety incidents
• Delivered multiple scene transitions, provision of sound effects and time sensitive script reminders across multiple shows & long working hours, working multiple tasks often at once
• Utilised creative design skills to support theatre set design (painting, building, &decorating) delivering developed techniques to build unique stage sets
Feb 2014 - Nov 2016
June 2013 –June 2014
• Wrote and illustrated articles for the magazine and contributed ideas to the team.
• Background illustration and graphic design
• Wrote short articles for a young adult audience
• Produced 12 posters promoting Stockport Market's Teenage Market program which included assembling assets, typography, and images to meet client's needs
• Developed mockups for review and generated a final template to streamline the process.
• Certificate in Health and Social Care (2011 - 2012)
• Bachelor's Degree in Design (2008-2011), specialisation in animation, interactive technology, video graphics and special effects
• Volunteer at a day centre café for adults with disabilities, and at a cattery
• Organise raffles, fundraisers, parties, and pet therapy sessions at care homes
• Writing science-fiction and mystery stories
• Creating digital and traditional art and photography
• Mountain climbing, hiking, and gym workouts