Bonus Points for Partner Qualification
The popular Skilled Migrant Category visa pathway is based on a point system.
If the partner of the principal applicant has got a recognised qualification, this is seen as a contribution of the whole migrating family, and will therefore provide bonus points for the Expression of Interest.
Recognised qualifications held by the partner of a principal applicant qualify for the following points:
- Level three to six on the New Zealand Qualification Framework (trade qualification, diploma) - 10 points
- Level seven to ten on the New Zealand Qualification Framework (bachelors degree, bachelors degree with Honours, Masters Degree, Doctorate) - 20 points
A partner's recognised qualification only qualifies for bonus points if:
- the partner is included in the application; and
- the partner meets the English language requirements for principal applicants; and
- an immigration officer is satisfied that the principal applicant and their partner have been living together for 12 months or more in a partnership that is genuine and stable and otherwise meets Partnership requirements.
View the full Points Self Check Guide.