Construction Managers needed in New Zealand
New Zealand’s fast economic growth is full of opportunities for experienced professionals, especially in the booming construction sector, where there is a skill shortage. This scenario is opportune for overseas construction managers looking to relocate their career to New Zealand.
New Zealand needs Construction Managers
There is a high demand for building and construction managers due to:
- New Zealand’s construction boom;
- Building work needed to upgrade leaky homes and earthquake-prone buildings;
- The Government’s plans to invest over $12 billion on transport and infrastructure from 2020 to 2026.
In a world of economic uncertainty, New Zealand is committed to boosting its construction sector to generate thousands of jobs and upgrade the country’s infrastructure, assuring an even stronger position.
Construction Managers on the Skill Shortage Lists
Construction Managers with experience in building, roading and infrastructure are in high demand. The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment have included construction project manager, project builder and site foreman to New Zealand’s Skill Shortage Lists.
The three Skills Shortage Lists showcase the specific professionals needed, based on local gaps and demand. Most professions appear in only one of the lists. However, construction managers are currently on the three of them (Construction & Infrastructure, Long Term and Regional lists). This emphasises the great need to fill these roles in New Zealand.
The lists recognise the need for overseas professionals in different areas of the economy and provide more benefits to applicants, such as easier recruitment, and faster visa processing.
Where do Construction Managers work in New Zealand?
Most building and construction managers work for medium to large building and construction companies engaged in commercial construction. They are also employed by construction companies working on infrastructure projects and large residential projects such as apartment complexes.
If you are looking to migrate to New Zealand, ask our Licensed Immigration Adviser for a Free Assessment on your migration options.
Read more about finding a job in New Zealand:
- Get Job Search Assistance and find a job in New Zealand!
- The Catch22 dilemma: You need a visa to get a job!
- Look up the Skill Shortage Lists.
- Can you come to New Zealand to look for a job?
- In order to get a work visa, your job must be "skilled".
- What are the next steps once you have a job offer in New Zealand?
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- The resident visa application process under Skilled Migrant Category
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on the Long Term Skill Shortage List?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
- Have you reached the age limit of the SMC?
Find out more about working in New Zealand:
- Can we guarantee you that you will find a job in New Zealand if you are using our Job Search Service?
- Will you be able to find a job if you do not have a visa yet?
- Nailing the Job Interview
- The 28 best interview replies!
- Tactics for accessing the Hidden Job Market
- Find an Accredited Employer
- How much will you be able to earn?
Get Job Search Assistance
If you want to find out what it takes to find a job in New Zealand, ask our Job Search Coach Anna Fyfe for a Free Assessment.Free Assessment