About the company
We are a small company focused on the creation of value for manufacturers by providing branded high performance materials that harness the superb characteristics of natural wool. You will join a team of people who are passionate about what they do and the contribution that they make to the environment and the ability to improve human health.
About the role
We are building our capability in our Research and Development team and are looking for a Senior Product Development Engineer. This team, under the direction of the Head of Research and Development will focus on the development and commercialisation of a range of new and existing products and seek to continuously improve existing manufacturing processes.
We need analytical thinkers who are comfortable with ambiguity. You will ideally have a background in filtration, but we are open to all individuals with research, design and manufacturing backgrounds. While the team will work closely there will be the opportunity to work on your own initiative.
Our new Senior Product Development Engineer will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Design or Science, and at least 5 years’ experience in R&D and/or product development.
What we are looking for
Good knowledge of Health & Safety regulations as they apply to product design
Understanding of Mechanical Engineering
Hands-on in working with bench tools and lab equipment
Understanding and experience in Quality management
Experience Minimum 5 years in R&D and or/product development
Technical report writing capability
Deals well with ambiguity
Works well with small teams
· Work with the Head of Research & Development to develop plans and objectives for research that will contribute to us delivering on our strategy
· Undertake product development, product improvement and quality control on new and developing products
· Respond to customer requirements by researching the viability and capability of customer requests
· Undertake the quality assurance and testing on products at all stages of research and before final introduction into production
· Plan and implement the product development steps
· Perform scientific experiments, collecting experimental data, reporting and data analysis.
· Provide progress reports and prepare and deliver progress briefings
· Work with QHSE to develop the workflow policies and procedures for new products to ensure efficiency without compromising safety or quality.
· Complete risk assessments before any new product or process is implemented
· Work with QHSE to set up and manage QC testing SOP’s
· Work with the Production Engineer to ensure the machinery and tools are appropriate for products
· Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the air filtration research sector
· Adherence to all company processes, policies, and procedures with regards to health and safety, administration, quality, and project management
· Advocate for, and be recognised as an example of QHSE in the company
· We expect all employees to be active participants in our quality management systems and processes and to identify improvements wherever possible.
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.