Have you been part of the journey to educate overseas or local nurses and ensure they are able to perform in clinical environments?
If you do or have a similar background, they want to hear from you!
They need a Senior Educator who can deliver the CAP programme for Overseas Nurses and is capable of signing them off as competent. This role will take a bit of travel and push you to use your analytical and educational experience to sign them off to practice.
Key parts of your role!
- Facilitate the delivery of a pre-placement programme covering theory that meets the requirements of NZNC.
- Travel between Auckland and The Mighty Waikato
- Work with placement providers and facilitators and provide support to overseas nurses during clinical placements.
- Assessment of overseas nurses against the NZNC competencies for their scope of practice.
- Report the outcome of competency assessments to NZNC in a timely and prescribed manner.
- Provide practical and well-being support to overseas nurses.
- Promotion of the CAP Programme
What do they need from you?
- You must be a registered nurse with a current APC.
- Postgraduate nursing education would be an advantage but not essential with equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in delivering education to nurses
- Experience in program delivery
- Qualification in adult teaching or unit standards on workplace assessor training would be beneficial.
- Great coordination and prioritization skills
- Teaching or mentoring experience
- Preceptor certifications and experience or clinical supervision experience would be beneficial.
- Cultural sensitivity and safe practice.
Whats in it for you?
- Great salary, negotiable based on experience
- Vehicle to do all your travel
- Flexible working location
- Expenses covered for consumables etc
- All registrations paid
- Work for a reputable provider
- Fixed term 24 month role with opportunity to extend!
- Plus more!
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.