This Senior Data Engineer is a new role which will support both the Data + Insights and Technology Teams by ensuring the right data is accessible by the right systems.
- New organisation with a modern Azure cloud-first infrastructure.
- Opportunity to improve data about the environment, health, and infrastructure, to inform the continuous improvement of the water sector.
- Scope to grow with the organisation, identifying and applying new technologies, from machine learning, to automation, to rules-as-code.
Collaborate with teams to design, develop and maintain data engineering solutions, including ETL, pipelines and storage and APIs.
- Use creativity and your experience to identify opportunities to improve and optimise data collection and analysis processes, then implement these solutions alongside the technical teams.
- Contribute to the continuous improvements of data platforms in response to new technologies and organisational needs.
- Implement data engineering solutions on the Azure cloud platform.
- Create and maintain design/architecture for solutions.
- Monitor and maintain Data Platform and APIs.
- Develop and maintain data cubes, tables, views, and stored procedures on our data platform.
- Migration of data between systems.
- Supporting the wider organisation with data extracts and data system integration.
- Identify opportunities to improve and optimise data collection, analysis processes and to implement solutions improving accuracy and efficiency.
- Promote best data practice across the organisation and across the water sector.
- Be a part of teams following Agile ways of working, Innovation and creativity are key drivers in the way they will work – their size requires them to be smart and agile.
- 5+ years relevant experience in data engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with Azure platform data services (e.g. Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure API Manager).
- Coding languages, particularly SQL, C# (for APIs) and Python (for Data).
- Knowledge of data modelling techniques and design principles.
- Knowledge of ETL and system integration techniques and technologies, particularly in Azure.
- Understanding of cloud data infrastructure.
- Experience across various technologies, specifically Dynamics 365/Dataverse, ArcGIS, Power BI, Power Automate.
- Experience developing APIs.
- Experience modelling data.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps in an Agile environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage ambiguity, complexity and changing or unclear requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and developing own capabilityin te ao Māori.’
- Proven communication skills with the ability to lead and work independently when required.
- Able to collaborate and communication with teams and partners both internally and externally.
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.