About the company:
This New Zealand employer is apart of an international federation of communities and has become an international movement within 100+ communities throughout the world. They work closely with people with and without intellectual disabilities committing to making known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities all over the world.
Do you have an openness to community life, a desire to build meaningful relationships with people who have intellectual disabilities and a willingness to live and work alongside people who are different from you? Then you might just be the candidate we are looking for.
What are you required to do:
- Responsible for the overall integration of the company's Identity and Mission in the day-to-day life of the home, while planning and overseeing high quality support for each person with an intellectual disability
- Supervision, support, and training of all Support Workers in the home
- Effective member of the house leaders’ team in the community
What we are looking for:
- Education in a related field is an asset
- Experience working with people with intellectual disabilities-Valid drivers license
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to give direction, report information and model effective communication techniques/strategies with the individuals with developmental disabilities in the home.
- Pass police check including vulnerable sector screening
Job Reference Code: bPw4XY
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.