About the company:
We are a premier conference hotel in the centre of New Zealand with easy access to some of the country's most stunning sites and activities.
Our team at our Hotel are dedicated to keeping excellence in what we do. Through a commitment to our people, we aim to exceed expectations and create an atmosphere where guests feel special. We are committed to the training and development of our staff. One of our key concepts is "Growing our People". This concept aims to develop people for further growth within the hospitality industry. Every opportunity will be given to assist in improving their work-related skills and industry knowledge and to enhance their personal development.
About the Job:
We are looking to hire a dedicated and reliable kitchen assistant to assist the cook with ingredient preparation as well as perform all washing and cleaning duties required in the kitchen. The kitchen assistant's responsibilities include assisting with inventory control, removing the garbage, washing garbage cans, and clearing refrigerators, freezers, and storage rooms. You should also be able to record notable food wastage as seen from customers' leftovers.
To be successful as a kitchen assistant, you should exercise exceptional time management and ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner. Ultimately, an outstanding Kitchen Assistant should be able to comply with all food health and safety regulations. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Properly cleaning and sanitising all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assisting the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Organising and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook's instructions.
- Stirring and heating soups and sauces as well as preparing hot beverages.
- Proven experience assisting in professional kitchens
- A food handler's license
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations
- The ability to stand for extended periods
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work in a team
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.