About the company:
We are a premier conference hotel in the centre of New Zealand with easy access to some of the country's most stunning sites and activities.
Our team at our Hotel are dedicated to keeping excellence in what we do. Through a commitment to our people, we aim to exceed expectations and create an atmosphere where guests feel special. We are committed to the training and development of our staff. One of our key concepts is "Growing our People". This concept aims to develop people for further growth within the hospitality industry. Every opportunity will be given to assist in improving their work-related skills and industry knowledge and to enhance their personal development.
About the Job:
We are hiring a maintenance worker to join our maintenance team. You will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals. Some of your responsibilities would include:
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Proven hotel maintenance experience
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogues as necessary
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Experience performing routine maintenance
- Strong organisational and follow up skills
- Eye for detail
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Strong time management skills
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.