This employer on the search for someone to join an exciting mission to create sustainable and scalable space exploration technology. They are working hard in the prototype phase as they work to develop their technology. They are currently developing fuel-free systems for satellite attitude control and propulsion based on their invention of superconducting electromagnets for space applications.
Working in a flat and friendly structure, in this start-up environment they are looking for an experienced electrical engineer to own the full process from R&D to design, to full integration for creating complex hardware systems from components to operate under the most extreme conditions.
The role requires someone with a lot of autonomy, and comfort in working at length in isolation, whilst knowing when to refer back to the wider team to ensure continual contribution to the company mission.
As the business moves at pace, you too will be expected to move quickly, adapt to continual change, and work in an agile way to iterate continuous improvements to your part of the puzzle. You will enjoy seeing the improvements in the mission from your own individual efforts, and you'll thrive in an environment that requires you to constantly challenge yourself, and solve new problems, which in some cases have not yet been realised.
Your work will include:
- Concepting, designing, modelling, building, tweaking, and testing electrical circuits
- Carry out review and approval work for electrical designs
- Maintain systems for an electrical engineering team
- Power electronics, wireless power transfer, and magnetics
- Analysing electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time constraints.
- Initial power up, testing, soldering, and debugging of electrical subsystems in a lab environment
- Supporting production or manufacturing
Whilst there is not an expectation for you be an absolute expert, you will thrive if you're the type that enjoys trying new things, failing fast, and asking questions. You will also recognise the value of having alternative skill sets and inquisitive brains around you.
What they are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Ideally a BE(Hons) in Electrical Engineering but other qualifications will be considered.
- Experienced in guiding electrical engineering teammates through systems design and execution
- Demonstrable experience with Altium and expert with schematic and PCB layout
- Proficient in performing circuit analyses in SPICE and/or other simulation software
- Skilled using standard electronic laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, spectrum analysers,
- Experienced with various board-level communication interfaces (such as I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, CAN)
- Preferably familiar with parts for space flight and understands associated screening and qualification processes.
You will be working for a company that LOVE what they do. You can anticipate being in a role you will love too!
As a start-up organisation you can expect to work with plenty of independence to grow and own your area, and become the expert in it. You’ll have a large and rewarding part to play. As this is a hands-on role, generally speaking this is a site-based role: options for WFH are limited.
However you won't be expected to work typical "Start-Up" hours. This business works efficiently and avoids bureaucracy at all costs! You'll be paid to market expectations, conditional on your level of experience.
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.