Do you create inspiring work with meticulous design perfection? Can you lead a design studio, both its design product and people performance? Do you enjoy participating in new business and leading the creative conversation at a management level?
Take your award-winning creative career (local or international) into a design leadership role where your ideas and vision for brand will be heard. Are you a naturally talented and highly conceptual person, fully on point with the latest design trends in the world of fashion, hospitality, retail, interiors, property, luxury goods, and FMCG?
This newly established leadership role works closely with existing owners, and all clients and encompasses all the skills and expertise of ideation, brand, design systems, campaign, social media, web, interior, placemaking, photography, film, wayfinding, signage systems, and some other niche areas of branded motion and film content.
The newly appointed design director will take charge of the studio’s design product making work that embraces new brands, community environments, interiors, some technology, and overall marketing material. They’ll be ready to perform, mentoring clients, exciting the team, and managing freelance suppliers – with confidence and autonomy. Self-managed leadership is key in this role, as is confidence working with and presenting to demanding clients.
This is an opportunity to be close to the agency owners with the possibility of becoming a creative director in the future within this exciting studio set for more growth in 2024.
They are looking for a design leader with:
- Min 10-years working in a creative, advertising or design studio
- Award-winning portfolio of work
- International experience is a bonus
You’ll have to excel in:
- Creating award-winning work, with meticulous design craft and perfection
- Leading the design studio, both design product and people performance
- Participating in new business, lead the creative conversation with clients
You’ll also have…
- Proven ideation and design development for large commercial clients
- Ability to lead the development and delivery of creative projects hinged on strong brand principles and marketing strategies
- Proven experience in expanding brand identity systems across varied applications
- High-level understanding of content production - video, print, social to
- Be across brand voice and ability to work with writers and producers
- Great client and stakeholder presentation skills
- Ability to manage other creative suppliers, specialists, freelancers
- Ability to share direction and articulate client feedback with the design team
- And of course, be proficient across the Adobe Suite and Figma
In summary, are you someone who can…
- Create design that inspires?
- Win at the awards?
- Lead and motivate creative people?
- Apply drive and confidence with clients?
- Be innovative and curious?
- Stay calm and focused when projects pivot?
- Salary $150,000 per annum + Kiwisaver
- Array of benefits
- City Fringe location
- Computer & tech package
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.