Our data platform team has an ambitious vision so we are building our data practices, leveraging software engineering, DevOps and Cloud offerings to get there. This is a great opportunity to get hands on with best of breed tools, like Snowflake and DBT, as we modernise our data platform. You'll support our analysts, data scientists and wider data community to be able to capitalise on the rich source of decision making power that our huge dataset can bring us.
Who are you?
- Experience in similar engineering roles
- You're comfortable with our languages (Primarily .Net, C#, Typescript)
- Organised and comfortable with self-directed work; adaptable and can cope with change in a fast-moving environment.
- An eye for detail; willing to work through the little things to make our web experience faster, more reliable, and easier to maintain.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration / Delivery goals and methodology
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Appreciation of SOLID principles, elegant and testable code and what that looks like in a constantly changing code base with a history.
- Ideally you will have experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- You value being part of a team with a focus on the needs of the end-user.
- You're brimming with passion, bright ideas and a plan to bring them to life!
Here's a snapshot of what we have to offer:
We truly value our people and want you to succeed here, so we offer opportunities for personal and professional development, fully equipped offices, bonuses, wellness leave plus a bunch of other good stuff. We want to create space for you to do your best work so we support flexible working arrangements that will fit with your individual lifestyle. A chance to contribute your creative ideas and grow with a homegrown organisation that cares about its people. Here, you'll build invaluable commercial expertise as you draw upon your technical background to promote healthy technical systems that support business outcomes effectively.
This New Zealand employer is an equal opportunity employer. We truly value diversity and embrace a flexible and inclusive workplace where people are encouraged to achieve their potential. We offer an enjoyable, innovative and dynamic place to work. If all this sounds like you, apply now and let us know in your cover letter which of the above roles interests you the most and what location you would like to work from!
don’t have a work visa?
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.