YOUR WORK DAY WILL INCLUDE:
- Coordinating and providing support to Breast and Cervical screening activities to improve coverage and participation in BreastScreen Aotearoa (BSA) and NCSP programmes across Otago and Southland
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Primary Care Practices in the Otago and Southland region by visiting all branches at least annually
- Focusing support on the practices that have a low participation of their priority group women and facilitating participation of eligible women
- Provide effective health promotion activities, such as education resources at community sites where women can be reached, which raises awareness of the BSA mobile schedule and Breast & Cervical Screening in the community
- Provide appropriate reports for Primary Care Practices to assist with recruitment activities and monitoring screening coverage
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DEMOSTRATE:
- You will be a Registered or Enrolled Nurse with a current APC, preferably with Practice Nurse experience – current smear taker would be an advantage, or a willingness to undertake the relevant training
- Understanding of health promotion principles and practice, primary health care and community settings
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability in coaching and developing staff
- Respect, trust, empathy and a caring attitude for others, with an interest and commitment to women’s health, working with integrity and self-responsibility
- Cultural awareness and a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, as well as knowledge of Tikanga/Tikaka Maori and Pasifika
WHAT THEY OFFER
Their employees enjoy a competitive salary with an excellent work/life balance, including 5 weeks annual leave and 5 days domestic leave per annum. Please note this role is based in Dunedin, but travel across Otago and Southland is required as well as flexibility on working hours.
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.