Have you hit the ceiling media or agency side and want to transfer your skills and ability into a new sector? Are you looking for the next exciting phase in your career, in a business and industry where you can leverage your already cemented and proven sales prowess?
This employer, an established digital media-centred company, is setting itself up for change & growth in 2024 and beyond!
They are looking to fill a newly established senior sales role, which focuses on new business development, new client relationships, and overall business acquisition across NZ.
The Head of Sales is looking for this person to focus on a 500+ warm lead database. They are willing to pay the big bucks for someone senior, proven, and highly skilled in their sales craft. They want someone industry-proven with high-level commercial and business acumen, able to take the lead and drive new business with flare and style, providing fit-for-purpose digital and media-led solutions for businesses NZ wide.
Here’s the roadmap. Inherit and work a quality database of warm leads, get the early wins, and retain the high-value clients for your own long-term client portfolio. Quickly hire a sales support role dedicated just to you to look after ongoing client service, sales coordination, and admin, freeing you up to spend the most part of your week to be client facing, doing what you do best – procuring and winning new business while repping the financial reward!
In summary, this new hire will be responsible for the management of new business planning, pitches and lead generation, pipeline management, and activities for which increased revenues/profits will be realised, while upholding the mission and values of the business.
The successful applicant will have the energy and digital media smarts to fit into the business offering, have a clean and verifiable sales track record, know and enjoy the industry, is prepared to work hard and ‘do the doing’ of creating an ongoing pipeline of contacts, leads, and opportunities for conversion.
This person will present well, love pitching to business owners, marketers, and managing directors, being in front of prospective clients, and will be appointed on the basis of being around long-term to build up their own portfolio of high-value clients with recurring revenue, maximizing ongoing revenue, profit, and commissionable earnings.
This person needs to be looking for more than a job. They need to be talking about salary, acquisition, commission, and individual growth trajectory in the interview process. You will be financially driven, with 1/3 Relationship and 2/3 Sales in your approach, and willing to cut your own path!
They are looking for someone who has…
- Minimum 6 years of sales and business development experience
- Min 5 years in business development and new business
- Industry-relevant experience (Advertising, Digital, Publishing, or Media)
- Well-networked and proven in their field
Some key responsibilities and attributes are:
- Deep understanding of Marketing, Digital, Advertising, Publishing, and Media industries
- Lives and recognises digital & media excellence
- Ability to work alone with strong processes and drive
- Confident in cold calling and securing the pitch meeting
- Deal opener & closer
- A natural problem solver
- Able to write new business pitches, presentations, and general correspondence.
- An expert at building new relationships
- Strong ability to communicate with clarity with clients
- Commercial and client-focused
- Attention to detail with strong organisational skills
- Internal Communications: Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as industry journals, media, reports, etc
- Ability to effectively present results to senior management, and other employees of the organisation.
- Quick and proficient in MS Office, spreadsheets, CRM and database software, E-mail, etc
Are you someone who is…
- Confident risk taker, quick to realise opportunities
- Personable, warm, likable and graceful
- Approachable, highly presentable, and professional
- Loves winning and the financial reward
- Plays a fair but hard game
- $130k - $140k base + uncapped commission plan (OTE $180k - $200k)
- Phone Package
- First-class working environment
- Premium and modern sales and marketing tools/tech provided
- Creative and content professionals at your fingertips for special pitches
- 500+ pipeline of ‘true’ warm leads to kickstart you off
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.