About The Company
This employer is a leading organisation committed to creating lasting change in the lives of young people. With a mission to empower youth, strengthen communities, and foster a culture of support and understanding - this is an opportunity you won't want to miss out on!
About The Role
This role offers an opportunity to work with clients, families and carers. A large focus of this role is to provide clinical oversight and support to the youth development teams within the primary mental health and AOD space. You will be responsible for making assessments of referrals coming to the service and advising their ongoing care using appropriate AOD assessment tools. You will also be actively engaging with the community to encourage engagement with the services.
- Provide support to clients in the form of advice, guidance and referrals.
- Maintain accurate records of client interactions and progress.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals to coordinate care plans for clients.
- Monitor the effectiveness of services provided and suggest improvements where necessary.
- Work with a team undertaking mentoring services, youth activities, programmes, and events for young people.
- Provide Clinical Support for the AOD Programmes within designated schools and alternative education in the South Auckland region.
- Develop relationships with schools, organisations, and a wide range of community and statutory stakeholders to identify the best ways to access and engage young people with organisations.
- Prepare, promote and deliver relevant seminars and workshops to internal staff and volunteers.
Skills & Experience
- Must hold one of the following registrations:
- Registered with HPCA
- Full registration as a Social Worker
- Competent with HEEADSSS framework and AOD assessment tools
- Regular engagement in clinical supervision and an ongoing commitment to professional development
- Deep commitment and understanding of Pacific Culture, Te Ao Māori, traditions and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients from diverse backgrounds, including those who are vulnerable or marginalised
- Great salary and use of a company car
- Paid supervision and registration
- Training and development opportunities to progress your career
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.