Bonus points for close family in New Zealand
If you have close family in New Zealand you used to be able to claim valuable bonus points for your Expression of Interest.
The aim was to recognise that the presence of close family enhances prospects for employability and settlement.
This option is no longer available, following the policy changes that have taken effect in August 2017.
Read more about the Skilled Migrant Category changes.
Continue your Self-Assessment with our Quick Self-Check Guide.
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- How many points will you need to have a realistic chance?
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on one of the Skill Shortages Lists?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- How can you get help with finding a job?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers
If you want to find out what it takes to migrate to New Zealand ask our Licensed Immigration Adviser Dr.Carsten Hallwass for a Free Assessment.Free Assessment