Medicals and X-rays for visas

You must provide Medical Reports and X-rays

To prove that you are of acceptable health, you may have to submit a medical report a chest x-ray certificate with your visa application. 

Your Licensed Immigration Adviser will let you know if you and your family will be required to submit medicals. This will depend on the type of visa you wish to obtain. 


You need to see a Panel Doctor

Only doctors and radiologists approved by Immigration New Zealand, so called Panel Physicians,  can certify your standard of health. 

There are 639 approved doctors worldwide: 

Panel Physicians


To find your nearest approved Panel Doctor in your country of residence or in New Zealand search the register on www.


Please note that medicals must be less than 3 months old at the time of your visa submission. After that they will not be accepted by Immigration New Zealand. 

Our advice: Medicals are expensive. Talk to our Licensed Immigration Adviser about the right timing for obtaining your medicals. They will know when you will be able to fulfil all other visa eligibility requirements and when the time is right to submit your visa application.  


Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:

Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers

If you want to find out more about obtaining the right visa for New Zealand, contact Julia Cooke, Licensed Immigration Adviser at NZIC.

Ask Julia for a Free Assessment