The 'Catch 22' or 'Hen and Egg' dilemma
How can you get a job in New Zealand if you do not have a visa yet?
You need a job to get a visa, but you need a visa to get a job! You are caught in a vicious cycle.
Does this sound confusing? Let us explain the Catch 22 dilemma and how we can help you solve it.
No job without a visa!
Job listings will often say:
"Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand may apply."
Or: "Unfortunately we are not able to consider your application if you do not possess a valid work permit or working visa."
Recruiters will respond along the same line:
"Please get back in contact with us once you have obtained either residency or a work permit and we would be only too happy to assist. Good luck in your job search."
No visa without a job!
Whether you want to apply for a work visa or a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category, you will need a job:
- to apply for a work visa you will have to provide a job offer with your work visa application;
- to obtain a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category you will have to claim points for a job in New Zealand.
Our Licensed Immigration Adviser explains: Why you cannot apply for a visa if you do not have a job.
The bottom line is:
- You will find it very difficult to get a job if you do not have a visa
- Your work visa application will be declined and your Expression of Interest will not be selected if you do not provide evidence of a job offer.
So you ask yourself: 'How can I get a job if I do not have a visa?'
The Catch 22 dilemma really is a tricky position to be in, a vicious cycle, and as a result you will probably feel frustrated, stuck in a dead end and unable to take your migration plans further.
How we work with you on closing the Catch 22 gap:
Our Job Search Team will work with you on finding a job that suits your professional skills while our Licensed Immigration Advisers will ensure that your future job will meet immigration requirements.
Your Licensed Immigration Advisers will
- take care of all visa related aspects of your migration and - at the same time -
- work hand in hand with our in-house Job Search Professionals on a daily basis, here in our office in New Zealand;
- advise you and the Job Search Team to ensure that your job search stays in line with visa requirements at all times;
- liaise with your New Zealand employer to educate them about your visa status;
- facilitate the swift processing of your work visa application.
Your Job Search Team will
- take care of all job search related aspects of your migration and - at the same time -
- liaise with your Licensed Immigration Adviser throughout your process to ensure that your job search is aligned with your visa application at all times;
- ensure that you are only applying for positions that fulfil visa requirements and will eventually provide a base for your visa.
By working hand in hand from under one roof and all the way throughout your entire migration process, both teams will coordinate and constantly fine-tune your job search and your visa application process. A perfect Fusion!
Find out more about how we work: Powerful Immigration Assistance.
Read more about working in New Zealand
- Find out how our Job Search Professionals will boost your job search.
- Can we guarantee you that you will find a job in New Zealand?
- What is the next step once you have a job offer?
- Are your skills in demand? Skill shortages in New Zealand.
Are you eligible for a resident visa under Skilled Migrant Category? Find out by using our Quick Self-Check Guide.
Wie stehen Ihre Chancen? Fragen Sie uns nach einer kostenlosen Chancenbewertung!
Unsere erfahrenen Einwanderungsberater und Jobsearch Spezialisten ermitteln gerne Ihre Chancen auf dem neuseeländischen Arbeitsmarkt und auf Erlangung der erforderlichen Visa und machen Ihnen einen Vorschlag für die Verwirklichung Ihrer Neuseelandpläne.