If the partner of the principal applicant has got a recognised qualification, this is seen as a contribution of the whole migrating family and will therefore provide bonus points for the Expression of Interest.
Recognised qualifications held by the partner of a principal applicant qualify for the following points:
Level three to six on the New Zealand Qualification Framework (trade qualification, diploma) 10 points
Level seven to ten on the New Zealand Qualification Framework (bachelors degree, bachelors degree with Honours, Masters Degree, Doctorate) 20 points
A partner's recognised qualification only qualifies for bonus points if:
- the partner is included in the application; and
- the partner meets the English language requirements for principal applicants; and
- an immigration officer is satisfied that the principal applicant and their partner have been living together for 12 months or more in a partnership that is genuine and stable and otherwise meets Partnership requirements.
Go back to our Quick Self-Check Guide.
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- How many points will you need to have a realistic chance?
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on one of the Skill Shortages Lists?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- How can you get help with finding a job?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
Wie stehen Ihre Chancen? Fragen Sie uns nach einer kostenlosen Chancenbewertung!
Unsere erfahrenen Einwanderungsberater und Jobsearch Spezialisten ermitteln gerne Ihre Chancen auf dem neuseeländischen Arbeitsmarkt und auf Erlangung der erforderlichen Visa und machen Ihnen einen Vorschlag für die Verwirklichung Ihrer Neuseelandpläne.