Identified Future Growth Areas
If your offer of employment in New Zealand, your qualification and your work experience are in an identified future growth area you used to be able to claim valuable bonus points for your Expression of Interest.
This option is not longer available, following the policy changes that have taken effect in August 2017.
Read more about the Skilled Migrant Category changes.
The following industries used to be classified as identified future growth areas because they were thought to offer New Zealand considerable opportunity to increase its prosperity:
- Information Communications Technology
- Creative industries (Advertising, Software & Computing Services, Publishing, TV and Radio, Film and Video, Architecture, Design, Designer Fashion, Music and Performing Arts, Visual Arts)
Continue your Self-Assessment with our Quick Self-Check Guide.
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- How many points will you need to have a realistic chance?
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on one of the Skill Shortages Lists?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- How can you get help with finding a job?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers
If you want to find out more about obtaining the right visa for New Zealand, contact Julia Cooke, Licensed Immigration Adviser at NZIC.Ask Julia for a Free Assessment