A principal applicant can claim points for age in the Expression of Interest
Principal applicants aged 56 and over will not be approved under the Skilled Migrant Category.
You will have to provide evidence of your age when submitting your resident visa application.
If you have already reached the age limit of the Skilled Migrant Category, you might still qualify for a resident visa for New Zealand.
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers whether you might qualify under one of the other resident visa policies, namely the Business or Investor Policies or the Parent Retirement Category.
Go back to our Quick Self-Check Guide.
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- How many points will you need to have a realistic chance?
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on one of the Skill Shortages Lists?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- How can you get help with finding a job?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers
If you want to find out more about obtaining the right visa for New Zealand, contact Julia Cooke, Licensed Immigration Adviser at NZIC.Ask Julia for a Free Assessment