"Hi Katrin, Excellent, you have just made my day... thank you very much for the attached job application material!!"
W. S. from South Africa
Finding the right job is often an essential part of your migration process.
- You will have to find employment to earn a living for yourself and your family, and
- a job offer will most likely be an essential part of your visa application process if you are applying under Skilled Migrants Policy: you will need a job offer to apply for a work visa and your will also need an offer of employment to claim points for your Expression of Interest to apply for a resident visa.
But job hunting in New Zealand is very likely to be quite different from your home country.
You will probably ask yourself:
Is my occupation in demand in New Zealand?
Do I have the skills and experience New Zealand employers want?
Is my qualification recognized and my work experience acknowledged?
What does a New Zealand CV look like?
Where and how do I apply for jobs in New Zealand?
Do you find that potential employers are reluctant to deal with overseas applicants because of the complex visa application procedure?
How do I prepare for interviews?
The Catch 22 Dilemma
If you have started looking for jobs in New Zealand, you will probably have come across the following statement:
"Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand may apply!"
You have experienced a typical catch 22 situation:
You will need a work or resident visa to apply for a job and you need a job offer to be able to apply for a work or resident visa.
Don´t worry, at NewZealand Immigration Concepts we are experienced in helping our clients to overcome this hurdle and apply for the work and resident visas you will need to find a job and start working in New Zealand.
Are you eligible for a resident visa under Skilled Migrant Category?
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- Are you eligible for a resident visa under Skilled Migrant Category? Find out by using our Quick Self-Check Guide!
- How many points will you need to have a realistic chance?
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on one of the Skill Shortages Lists?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- How can you get help with finding a job?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
Ask our employment adviser Katrin Schottke how we can help you to find a job in New Zealand.
Send Katrin an email: Katrin Schottke <firstname.lastname@example.org>