Linking global talent with local opportunities
The Skilled Migrant Category addresses migrants who want to move to New Zealand on a permanent basis and are planning to take up employment in their area of professional expertise.
The Minimum Requirements for a resident visa under Skilled Migrant Category:
Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category who meet the following criteria might be eligible for a permanent resident visa under Skilled Migrant policy:
- Good health
- Good character
- Good English language capabilities
- Age limit of 55 years
- Point score of at least 100 under the points system
If you want to find out whether you might be eligible for a permanent resident visa under Skilled Migrant Category
- see our Quick Self-Check Guide or
- ask our Team of Licensed Immigration Advisers and Employment Specialists at New Zealand Immigration Concepts for a Free Assessment of your chances.
The visa application process under Skilled Migrant Category
The resident visa application process under the Skilled Migrant Category is complex. It consists of two main stages:
• The Expression of Interest
• The Residence Application
In most cases a third stage, an assessment of the applicant`s qualifications, will be necessary. Our licensed immigration advisers will be able to determine whether an external qualification assessment will have to be obtained.
In some cases the migrant will have to apply for his or her professional registration with the professional board in charge.
To read more about the application process under the Skilled Migrant Category see our Visa Application Process Guide.
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- Are you eligible for a resident visa under Skilled Migrant Category? Find out by using our Quick Self-Check Guide!
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on one of the Skill Shortages Lists?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- How can you get help with finding a job?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers for a Free Assessment to find out whether you will qualify for a resident visa under Skilled Migrant policy!