Is your profession on one of the latest Skill Shortage Lists?
Well qualified and experienced professionals are needed in New Zealand.
Many industries in New Zealand experience ongoing shortages of skilled professionals, and as a result businesses are unable to fill key positions and thrive to their full potential.
To enable New Zealand's economy to grow, New Zealand's Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment identifies skill shortages, based on feedback from key industries, and maintains three Skill Shortage Lists, which are updated on a regular basis to keep up with actual labour market demands.
New Zealand has three different Skill Shortage Lists:
- The Construction and Infrastructure Skill Shortage List (CISSL)
Why does it matter whether your profession is on one of the Skill Shortage Lists?
The lists are relevant for your visa application and also play an essential role for your job search in New Zealand.
They give you a good indication if you want to find out whether:
- You can claim bonus points for your Expression of Interest
- You can fast-track your work visa
- Your profession is in high demand in the New Zealand job market.
Our video explains what the Skill Shortage Lists are and why they are so important for your migration to New Zealand:
Right at the start, you are probably unsure whether you will be able to secure a job offer in New Zealand.
We advise our clients to do as much of research on the New Zealand job market as they can! You can build up your confidence by researching the relevant job portals and gaining a good overview of the skills that are in demand.
Are you eligible to work in New Zealand?
Find out by using our Self-Check Guide or get in contact with us for a Free Assessment of your migration options.
Read more about our Job Search Program:
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- The resident visa application process under Skilled Migrant Category
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
- Have you reached the age limit of the SMC?
Find out more about working in New Zealand:
- Can we guarantee you that you will find a job in New Zealand if you are using our Job Search Service?
- Can you come to New Zealand to look for a job?
- Will you be able to find a job if you do not have a visa yet?
- Nailing the Job Interview
- The 28 best interview replies!
- Tactics for accessing the Hidden Job Market
- What is the next step once you have a job offer?
- Find an Accredited Employer
- Skill shortages in New Zealand
- How much will you be able to earn?
- Your job must be “skilled” to give you points.
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers
If you want to find out what it takes to migrate to New Zealand, ask our Licensed Immigration Adviser Apekshi Jayawardena for a Free Assessment.Free Assessment