What are the renumeration thresholds in Skilled Migrant and Essential Skills policies?
The new Skilled Migrant policy acknowledges that higher paid positions reflect higher skill levels and will result in an increased potential to benefit New Zealand's economic growth.
Bonus points will therefore be awarded for employment based on high levels of earnings.
Is you hourly rate at NZ$23.49, $35.24 or $46.98?
Your employment might be classified as skilled or qualify for bonus points for your Expression of Interest!
Is your employment skilled?
There are two different levels of remuneration used to determine whether your employment can be classified as skilled:
- If your occupation is at ANZSCO skill levels 1–3, you must earn at or above NZ$23.49 per hour (or the equivalent annual salary)
- If your occupation is not at ANZSCO skill levels 1–3, you must earn at or above NZ$35.24 per hour (or the equivalent annual salary).
Will you qualify for bonus points?
You may be eligible for 20 bonus points if you are claiming points for skilled employment and the remuneration for that employment is at or above NZ$46.98 per hour (or the equivalent annual salary).
Immigration New Zealand has just announced that the remuneration thresholds will be increasing on 15 January 2018. (Wednesday,13.December 2017)
Details will be published here very shortly.
Continue your Self-Assessment with our Quick Self-Check Guide.
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- How many points will you need to have a realistic chance?
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on one of the Skill Shortages Lists?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- How can you get help with finding a job?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers
If you want to find out what it takes to migrate to New Zealand, ask our Licensed Immigration Adviser Apekshi Jayawardena for a Free Assessment.Free Assessment