Questions migrants ask us when planning to migrate to New Zealand
No matter where in the world your home country is, you have a lot of questions on your mind when considering a move to New Zealand.
Fair enough, migrating to a new country is a huge and life changing journey and you want to ensure that you are not missing any important facts on the way!
Every day we talk to migrants from all over the world and come across a range of questions relating to the immigration process, many of them beyond the visa and job search topic.
We have walked in your shoes too and when we migrated to New Zealand, many years ago, our questions were exactly the same.
We think that it would have been good to know then, that other migrant have similar thoughts and worries, and to get some answers.
24 years later we now know a lot of the answers and are happy to share them with you!
- Can I become a citizen of New Zealand?
- I want to run my own business. How can I do that?
- When is a good time to arrive in New Zealand?
- Should I come without my family first, to look for a job?
- When is a good time during the year for my children to start school?
- Is there a time of the year that is not great for our arrival?
- Where in New Zealand is the best place to go?
- How much money should I have saved before I arrive in New Zealand?
- Will I be entitled to public health care?
- Do I need to get a medical certificate?
- I have a medical condition. Will it affect my visa application?
- Will I get support from the Government if I lose my job?
- What happens if I do not want to stay in my job?
- Can I bring my pets to New Zealand?
- Can I bring my household goods to New Zealand?
- Can I arrive in New Zealand on a one-way ticket?
- Do I need to have a certain amount of money when I arrive in New Zealand?
- How can I find a place to stay when I first arrive?
All of these are very good and valid questions and it is important for you to know the answers, as you need to see the full picture when making far reaching decisions about your migration.
Please note: We are working on answering all of these questions for you on this page, but it will take some time to get through all of them.
In the meantime please do not hesitate to ask us your questions directly, when you inquire about the best way forward for you.
We are more than happy to have a chat via Skype and look forward to hearing from you!
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers
If you want to find out more about obtaining the right visa for New Zealand, contact Julia Cooke, Licensed Immigration Adviser at NZIC.Ask Julia for a Free Assessment
This is just one of the things I love about NZIC: that people like yourself, Julia & Carsten have actually walked in these shoes.