You want to study

If you want to come to New Zealand to study for more than three months you will need a Student Visa.


Applicants for student visas must

  • have an offer of a place in an approved course with an education provider in New Zealand that meets policy requirements,
  • be exempted from or have paid course fees and
  • meet requirements for bona fide applicants and health and character
  • hold acceptable insurance

Students who are holders of student visas may be allowed to work while studying. 

After you have successfully completed your studies, you might be able to remain in New Zealand and work. A post-study work visa will allow you to get a job in a field related to your studies. The visa will initially be granted for 12 months and can be extended for another 2 or 3 years.

Following that, you might qualify for a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category. 

Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers

If you want to find out what it takes to migrate to New Zealand ask our Licensed Immigration Adviser Dr.Carsten Hallwass for a Free Assessment.

Free Assessment