How can you obtain a Police Clearance to prove that you are of good character?
You need to demonstrate that you are of good character.
To prove that you have no criminal record or convictions you have to submit police records with most visa applications.
You will need to obtain police certificates from your country of citizenship and all countries you have lived in over the past years.
We can let you know how you can apply for your police certificates.
Please note: Police records are only valid for a limited time. If they are older than 6 months at the time of submission, Immigration New Zealand will not accept them as evidence for meeting the character requirements.
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- How can we help you with finding a job in New Zealand?
- The resident visa application process under Skilled Migrant Category
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on one of the Skill Shortages Lists?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
- Have you reached the age limit of the SMC?
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers
If you want to find out what it takes to migrate to New Zealand ask our Licensed Immigration Adviser Dr.Carsten Hallwass for a Free Assessment.Free Assessment