Will you be able to claim points or bonus points for employment based on your earnings?
The new Skilled Migrant policy acknowledges that higher paid positions reflect higher skill levels and will result in an increased potential to benefit New Zealand's economic growth.
Is you hourly rate at NZ$23.49, $35.24 or $46.98?
Your employment might be classified as skilled or qualify for bonus points for your Expression of Interest!
Is your employment skilled?
There are two different levels of remuneration used to determine whether your employment can be classified as skilled:
- If your occupation is at ANZSCO skill levels 1–3, you must earn at or above NZ$23.49 per hour (or the equivalent annual salary)
- If your occupation is not at ANZSCO skill levels 1–3, you must earn at or above NZ$35.24 per hour (or the equivalent annual salary).
Will you qualify for bonus points?
You may be eligible for 20 bonus points if you are claiming points for skilled employment and the remuneration for that employment is at or above NZ$46.98 per hour (or the equivalent annual salary).
Continue your Self-Assessment with our Quick Self-Check Guide.
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- How many points will you need to have a realistic chance?
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on one of the Skill Shortages Lists?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- How can you get help with finding a job?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
Ask us for a Free Professional Assessment!
Our Licensed Immigration Advisers and Job Search Professionals will assess your chances and let you know how you can start your migration process.